Saturday, January 22, 2011

SNOW, iPOD AND YOGA

This morning my car was hidden under a pile of snow. This is only interesting because I live near Rome where it rarely snows. But then I live on the Monte Cavo, 700 meters above sea level. 

Monte Cavo with the Albano Lake


So sometimes it snows. By the time I get down to the next town, the snow becomes slush then rain. It's like living in my own micro-climate and I like it.

I wanted to practice this morning so last night I set my alarm at 6 o'clock. I wonder how it happened, but I don't remember hearing and then turning off the alarm.When I next opened my eyes it was 7.30. The first thing I saw was the grey grey snow through my bedroom window. I didn't so much feel like getting out of bed and practicing. Instead I took a pint of coffee into my bedroom, checked my twitter account and I read an interesting post about new German eugenics laws.

Tonight I tried to fix my new iPod but I don't think I am cut out for these state of the art technological gizmos. I did manage to somehow transfer all my yoga, meditation and om music onto it, which is cool. As soon as spring springs on us, I will meditate with Mr. Pod on the Albano lake.

I finally did do my practice tonight. I suggested that we all practice together, the whole family, and we did. It was a lot of fun, and really nice. I didn't do full vinyasa but it was still ok. I find this whole full vinyasa business a little disturbing. I know full vinyasa is the real thing and that's what I should do every day. But I find it really difficult to do, really hard on my body, and it also takes very long, almost two hours, which I rarely have. So often I end up not practicing at all because I chicken out of doing full vinyasa. I think I have to work at it. Go back to doing half vinyasa, and sometimes, when I feel like it, and have the time, do full. Just relax and take it as it comes. I think that's what I'll do.

After the practice we had a nice supper. It was literally supper, as the word comes from soup. So there was cream of white bean and pumpkin soup with my favorite bread, which is made with stone ground whole wheat flour and no salt. On the bread I put my walnut cheese spread and a little Casa Giulia fig jam. 

Walnut Cheese Spread



Ingredients:

100 grams walnut
100 grams blue cheese
200 grams low fat cream cheese
lots of freshly ground pepper

Instructions:

Using a hand held mixer, mix (blend well) all ingredients together and refrigerate for a couple of hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment